Jan 21, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a great Christmas this year! I have always loved the Holidays, but I think I love them even more now that I have my kids to share them with! We have been building a Rizer Family Cabin since about 2002. Little by little it is coming together, being expanded and added on to, and coming together some more. While we spend some weekends at the cabin, we have never spent a Holiday there....until this year! The cabin is certainly not finished on the inside, but it does have electricity, heat, and hot water. On December 23rd, Darron's parents, my family, and two of Darron's sisters and their families met at the cabin. That was 8 adults and 5 children. We stayed until Dec. 27th! On Christmas Eve, another sister and her 5 teenagers also spent the day with us. We had so much fun playing in the snow, sledding, going for walks, riding the snowmachines, baking cookies, opening presents, eating, seeing Santa, and just being together. It was such a relaxing time (as much as possible with that many adults and kids) and a memorable Christmas together! Although I was missing being in Texas with my family, I feel blessed to be surrounded with an "Alaskan Family."
Preston with his brand new bike from Santa. Too bad it's hard to ride during the winter months in Alaska!
Santa Clause found us at the cabin! There is no picture with Payton and Santa because she completely flipped out when she saw him and was gripping my shirt so tight I couldn't pry her off if I had wanted to!

Preston and daddy snowmachining at the cabin. They had so much fun. I even went on a slow, easy ride down a few trails (now, when I'm not pregnant I'm all over the trails!).

Preston, Brookelynn, and Max....they may as well be brothers and sisters! We are so blessed to have cousins so close. Preston loves these two so much. They love each other and fight with each other just like siblings!

Making Christmas cookies!

Yummy!

This isn't the best picture, but they were both being too silly!



As I was cleaning upstairs, I realized these two had gotten awfully quite. I peeked into Payton's room to discover this......it made my heart melt!

We hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas and were able to enjoy some of the hustle and bustle and family time during the holiday season!
Now, let's hope we can make it through January! I wish I were on a plane to Hawaii! :)







1 comment:

Serena said...

Loved the Christmas card! Great pics!