Mar 3, 2011

Payton Turns Three!

My "little girl" is getting so big! I can't believe three years have already gone by, yet in some ways, they have been very long and challenging! This goofy picture of Payton, with her tongue out, pretty much sums up PART of her cute personality. At three years old, Payton is hilarious! She is always goofing around, singing, dancing, making up words, laughing, and just being funny!

Payton is a tom-boy/princess all wrapped up in one bundle. The girl loves to play in the dirt, smash bugs, hold worms, and be messy. Yet, she is almost never seen without a baby, the baby's blanket, a purse or two, and any other "essential" for that moment.
This year Payton picked Chuck-E-Cheese for her party. Since I was heading out of town to spend a few days with my brother, her choice was perfect....no big preparations, and no clean up! Faith, Sydney, Diego, Xavier, Hunter, Liam, Ethan, Marquel, Hannah, and the rest of the parents all joined us for a great night.
Unfortunately, Darron and I both forgot our camera so a few pictures on our phone was all we managed to get.




Earlier I mentioned being goofy was PART of Payton's personality. The other part of her personality is the one that has given me so many gray hairs at such a young age! Payton is a very strong-willed, opionated, easily frustrated little girl. She can be silly and laughing one minute, then throwing a major fit the next minute. She is very snuggly and loving, and most people only see the happy, sweet side of our little "Pei Wei." But boy can she keep us on her toes when she's just with family!! Payton is the type of child that should come with their own "How to survive raising this child" handbook!

My mom continually tells me she is just like I was as a child! Sorry mom!!

I have no doubt God has big plans for Payton. She has so many great qualities and when she's not being onry, she has a very magnetic personality. I'm just praying we can reign in that strong personality so she will choose to use it for serving the Lord!

Payton, even with all my gray hair, I love you so much baby girl! And I can't imagine life without you.....it sure would get boring!








No comments: