Oct 30, 2014

Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away

Not exactly sailing away on a luxurious cruise ship, but still a blast all the same!  Several years ago I had the opportunity to "sail" on my brother's US Navy ship for the day.  This past October, friends and family were invited again.  With the minimum age being 8 years old, Preston made the cut so he was able to join me on the trip!

 We flew to San Diego early in the morning on Wednesday....someone was so excited he didn't sleep a wink!  And might I say, traveling with one child is MUCH different than traveling with four!!

 Preston and I spent the day, just the two of us, at Legoland on Thursday.  The good Lord lavished His love on us by providing a Chick-Fil-A en-route (almost) to Legoland.  What a great start to a fantastic trip!



 We had a BLAST at Legoland together!  
Maggie and Peepaw flew in that day so we were able to meet them, along with Aunt Angela, for dinner that night.  We were worn out by bed time!

 Friday was an early start.  We had to be at the ship by 6 a.m!!  Preston was eager to get up and going though!  Uncle Andy is now a Chief Warrant Officer (read- big high up guy on the ship) so it was fun to see everyone stop and salute him.  He's over all of the ships navigational systems.  Pretty honored to have been the sister of CWO Edwards!!

 As we were leaving port, a US Navy submarine was heading in.  All of the sailors were standing on the top of the sub.  Their sailors were saluting our sailors.  What an incredible sight!!

 So thankful to have spend this time with Peepaw and Maggie!  Preston is one loved grandson!



 Saturday was a free day.  My one request was to stick my toes in the sand, so we headed to a beautiful beach for a bit!  Love time with my momma!

 This kid LOVED playing in the waves.  A boy after my own heart!  We could have stayed for hours!!


 Finally a picture with my wonderful sister-in-law Angela!  Being together as a family was such a treat!

I love this picture, just wish dad had been in it too.  I am so thankful for my family.  Wish I could see each of them more often, but thankful for trips like this full of wonderful memories!!
Preston and I had such a great time together and with Peepaw, Maggie, Uncle Andy and Aunt Angela. Couldn't have asked for a better few days together!  As always, thankful to my incredible hubby for making it all possible!  One for the memory books for sure!!

No comments: