Dec 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday, Dec. 16th, was mine and Darron's 8 year anniversary! We actually celebrated this past weekend and had a wonderful time. I am so upset with myself though, because I totally forgot my camera! So, I'll just have to tell you about our incredible weekend and leave the pictures up to your imagination!
We are fortunate to live 45 minutes away for a gorgeous hotel/ski slopes. It is pretty expensive though, so we only go about once a year (for our anniversary). Anyways, we left Saturday morning for the Alyeska Hotel and skiied all day (it was SOOOO cold....one of the coldest days of the year of course...about 10 for the high). After skiing all day, we hit the hot tub for awhile to warm up then headed to our room to clean up for dinner. Girdwood is a tiny town with minimal eating choices, but we decided to forgoe the normal restaurant and try a new one that had been recommended to us....BIG MISTAKE! The food was average and the service was terrible. So, we left and went to our tried and true favorite, the Doubly Musky, for dessert. After a chocolatey dessert, we headed back to the hotel. Sleeping in Sunday morning was WONDERFUL and enjoying a nice breakfast that I didn't cook was very enjoyable as well. We were able to get a late check-out so we went back to our room and just layed around watching tv and relaxing before heading back home. It was so nice to get away together and enjoy time as just a married couple with no kids desiring our attention. We love skiing together (eventhough D is MUCH faster than I am) and our ski slopes are amazing. When your at the top of the mountain, you can look down over the inlet and you're surrounded by mountains and water. It is so beautifu...again...sorry I forgot my camera!
In honor of our 8 years together, here is a list of 8 things I LOVE about my hubby (in no particular order):
1) I love that he's a man of God seeking to better himself each day
2) He adores our children and is a hands-on, fun daddy! He is so good to them!
3) I find it so sexy that he can build and fix ANYTHING on his own. Did you know he has added a room onto our house and he's been building a family cabin for the past several years? He's amazing! Friends and family are always coming to him for help with building/fix it projects.
4) He tells me I'm beautiful all of the time...even when I don't feel so beautiful.
5) He is so fun to be around. Darron has the magnetic personality that draws people to him and makes people feel so comfortable. Laughter is the main sound you hear when D is around.
6) He takes care of our family financially and tries to minimalize the stress I feel. He provides for us and wants the best for us.
7) He just gets better and better looking with age!
8) He appreciates me by helping me around the house, cooking (he's better than I am), and noticing all the work I do to keep our house clean and family organized.

I am so thankful for the 8 years we've had together already, and I am so excited to spend my life with him. Thank you Darron for being you, for loving the Lord, and for loving me! I love you!

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Happy Anniversary....sounds like an amazing weekend! I'm so glad you're happy!!

Staci said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe you forgot your camera! It sounds absolutely beautiful!