Sep 22, 2008

Fall in Alaska...

I love this time of year in Alaska. It is so beautiful! It is definately "God's country" and is so easy to be reminded of how magnificant God is and His incredible beauty. I took a few pictures today to show the Fall colors and the mountains. These were both taken just down the street from my house. The first picture shows Cook Inlet and the second picture shows the drive into my neigborbood...we're the second street on the left (although you can't really see it in this picture). Notice the snow on the tops of the mountains. This is called "termination dust." As winter creeps in, the snow slowly decends down the mountain and we know that summer is "terminated" and we're about to freeze for several months! We do love the Fall though. The daylight begins to return to normal (until it's almost gone except for a few short hours a day), it's get chilly, and we can start having nightly fires in the fireplace. It's such a cozy time of year!


This is a picture of our home with all the fall leaves! We love it (except it makes it hard to keep the cars and carpets clean with all the birch tree seeds)!

Here is Preston with a "mohawk." It didn't turn out too well, but we were just having fun while cutting his hair!

My beautiful Payton has just started lunging herself forward to get things. She curls her toes and lunges herself across the floor. Between lunging and rolling, she's going places!

Payton likes to "fly" while she's playing!

We can still support the Cowboys even in Alaska! Go Cowboys! :)

By the way, I FINALLY figured out all the Html formatting stuff so I can write above/below my pictures! A little slow, but I got it! And, I don't know how I did this, but if you click on that little "x" by one of the pictures above, it will take you to a huge photo of the picture....it's beautiful!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! It really is beautiful! I find it so fascinating that you live in Alaska. How do you cope when it's dark almost all the time?? Your kids are so cute!

Staci said...

I'm so jealous! I can't believe you get to see those views every day!! It's breathtaking! I love your house too!!

After talking with y'all in church Mike asked me if I was ready to move to Alaska ;) lol

Anonymous said...

I love keeping up with all kids that grew up with Suzanne and Stacey. I just found your post and like all the rest of the youth group you have a beautiful family.
I have not talked your Mom in a longggggggg time. I will have to make time to call her. It is great to know you all doing well.
Love ya,
Kandi

Ledbetter Fam said...

That is so beautiful!!! I AM ready to move to Alaska. David and I are always talking about moving somewhere different and as nurses we can pretty much get jobs anywhere. We always joke about going to Alaska. HHHMMMMM!

JB

Amy said...

Amazing!! Payton is SO cute with her little chubby face. I'm glad you're still supportin' the Cowboys!

Anonymous said...

Hey there lady...fancy running across your page here in blogland :) You should check out ours!