Dec 3, 2008

Finally....I can upload pictures again! Wahoo! I love this picture. Preston had put his "special" game on the chair so Payton couldn't get to it. She climbed up the step and pulled herself up to his level and started playing with him. He was happy though and let her join in. :)
We got about 12 inches of snow over the weekend. It was beautiful. I LOVE snow (just not the cold). Preston likes to help daddy clear off the driveway, because in his words "it's a lot of work for daddy and he needs help." So, while Darron snow blows the drive, Pres likes to shovel. He has always gotten frustrated with the big shovels though "because they don't work right." I found this shovel at Toys'R Us the other day and gave him and early Christmas Present. With a huge surprised face he said, "Ohhhhh, thanks mom!" He loved getting to help with a working shovel! :)
My sister-in-law takes her daughter to the Nutcracker Ballet every year. However, she surprised her husband with a trip and they were out of town. So, I had the honors of taking Brookelynn ( 6 1/2). We got all dressed up, had a nice Italian dinner, and went to the Ballet downtown. It was a great, much needed date night together. This is a picture of us in a downtown park. It is so beautiful with the fresh snow and lights. We had a great night together.
Thanksgiving was at our house this year. Darron cooks the Turkey every year. Doesn't it look yummy? It was! I'm only in this picture because they told me to be....I really had no part in cooking it except clearing a spot in the fridge for it! Notice the Cowboy gear!! Go Cowboys!! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving together with family and friends!
This is a back view of the first picture. I LOVE this picture! They are so cute and sweet together (most of the time)! Notice the bright red boxer briefs Preston is sporting...so cute!
We love Sushi....love it! Some friends from church came over a couple of weeks ago and taught us (actually Darron....I was busy being a mom) how to make Sushi. This was the final product...before we gobbled it! Go Ricky and Darron! It was SOOOO delicious!
My cute little Honey Pot and Tigger at Halloween. Payton was only in her costume long enough for pictures because she couldn't crawl in it. Preston wore his for several weeks leading up to Halloween! And the next several nights after Halloween he kept asking to go Trick-or-Treating because "it's dark outside mom."
The pumpkin Darron and Pres carved together....it came in 2nd place for our Pumpkin Carving Contest at the Halloween Party we threw....
Digging out the seeds together and getting all sticky! It really is a lot of work for a few seeds to roast...but well worth it once a year!

So there ya go....some updated pictures! Thanks for checking in all those who do! I love reading your blogs and keepin' in touch. Be sure to leave a message so I know you stopped by!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by! Hope you are having a good week, less busy than last! :)

Ledbetter Fam said...

Such cute pics!!! I just tried sushi for the first time the other day. I need to try it again to see if I really like it or not. What all did you put in yours?

JB

April L. said...

Yea for the pictures! Sweet babies!

Staci said...

What cute pictures!!! Looks like y'all have so much fun together as a family!

I've never tried sushi before...and I don't really have any desire to try it!

suzspeaks said...

what a fun post!! I think it's so cool that you got to take your niece to the nutcracker - I'm sure she'll never forget that!
I can't believe how much snow you have - I mean I can, since you're in Alaska and all, but wow!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I see the same in you!

Have a good day!
Suzanne