Dec 28, 2008

My Big Boy Turned 3!

My big boy turned 3 on Dec. 21st! I can't believe how fast these past three years have gone. Preston has grown and learned so much. I look back at his baby pictures and barely see the same baby boy any more. He is such a sweet, tendered heart little guy. He wants to please and his is just a good natured little boy. He loves so easily and truly enjoys life. We are so proud of the little boy he is! They say 3 is harder than 2, but so far we feel so blessed by our time with this little guy! This was his special birthday breakfast....scrambled eggs, biscuits, and chocolate gravy (sounds weird, but it's AWESOME)! That was always my special birthday breakfast growing up!
We gave him Cars PJ's that came with a robe that lit up on the pocket. He loved it! Payton gave him a new game (I can't remember which one...he got so many)!

His birthday was on a Sunday, but we had his party at Chuck-E-Cheese on Saturday morning (brave, I know)! I was a little nervous as this was my first "big" birthday party to give him (the previous ones had just been a small gathering at our house). Eight of his friends joined us and we had pizza, cake, and played LOTs of games! It was a perfect party....and we beat the crowd so it was great!


Preston LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Curious George. He requested a Curious George birthday cake this year. Since I am not creative in the least bit, I asked my trusted job-share teaching partner, Valerie, to make the cake this year. As you can see, she's very talented! She did an awesome job and it tasted great! The pudding in the middle was an added bonus with the kids! :)



Poor Valerie had made the cake earlier in the week and woke up early Saturday morning to do the icing. When she went to get the cake, she was surprised to see that it had been demolished (she never said, but I have a feeling her 2 year old son may have had something to do with it). So, she quickly remade the cake, decorated it, and made it to the party only about 15 minutes late! Your the best Val! :)
Preston was very spoiled for his two days of birthday celebrations. Not only did we try to make his day special, he was given many great and thoughtful gifts from friends. And to top it off, my parents (who live in Texas) had a balloon boquet and teddy bear delivered to him! He was so excited and Birthday Bear sleeps with Pres each night now! :)




No comments: