Dec 16, 2009

9 Great Years Together

Nine years ago I snatched the best man possible to be my husband! And I'm so glad he chose me to spend this earthly life with! I knew I was a lucky woman then, but I had no idea how lucky I truely was. In honor of our nine years together (well, actually 11 together, but 9 married), here are nine things I LOVE about my husband:


(in no particular order)


1) I married a man that was always cute, but now he is sexy! He just gets better and better looking with age! That's the kind of man you want to marry! :)


2) He is an incredibly loving, caring, fun, capable father to our children. He leads by example, disciplines with love, is able to take care of them without much instruction :), and does fun things with them.


3) He is a man of God. He leads our family to know the Lord and tries to constantly better himself.


4) He is very outgoing. He is willing to meet new people and make them feel welcome.


5) He is a leader. He has stepped into some leadership positions at church and is amazing. People can't help but follow him.


6) He has a magnetic personality that attracts people. I haven't ever met anyone that doesn't just love my husband. He is open, friendly, hilarious, and makes people feel at ease.


7) He loves me. He daily makes me feel beautiful, hugs me, listens to me, and goes out of his way to take care of things that may be stressing me out (I know, hard to believe that things would stress me out)!


8) He is a family man. He loves to be with our family. He also loves his parents and sisters and it shows. Family is a top priority for him and I love that!


9) He can build and/or fix just about anything. He amazes me with his skills and know how, even when he's never done it before. It reminds me of my dad and that's pretty cool! I'm so proud of all the things he's built and fixed (like a room on our house, a family cabin, new floors, a bookcase for my school, and the list could go on and on).


I could easily name more than nine things that I love about my husband. Yes, we've had our rough years and rough days, but I have never had to question his love for me. I feel like the most loved woman because of his actions and words on a daily basis. I feel so blessed to call myself his wife and the mother of his children. We have been blessed with a beautiful family and I am so thankful he's my partner in life. Here's to all the happy years we will have together in the future! I love you D!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are so honoring to your hubby!!! :) It has been such a blessing to be a part of your lives. Love you Jen!

Chris and Merry said...

Wow! Has it really been 9 years? I just think back and remember those shoes that Darron had...remember? You had no idea that the guy who liked you and had nerdy shoes would turn out to be such a wonderful, loving, fabulous husband! I'm so glad you got over the shoe thing and gave Darron a chance! You are a wonderful match and I love you both! :)