Aug 21, 2011

Welcome to the Family!


Meet Spikey and Fireball. Our new bearded dragons. I'm still in disbelief that I have reptiles living in my house....and that I've been forced to hold them. I am NOT a reptile fan....at.all!! But, thanks to a sweet bearded dragon named Sunny, we now are proud bearded dragon owners.

Sunny came to stay with us for two weeks while his family was on vacation in Italy. I should have known what that lead to. Darron and Preston immediatly fell in love, so two days before Sunny was scheduled to reunite with his own family, Darron and Preston were rescuing this pair of dragons from a neglegtful home.


Payton quickly took to holding the bearded dragons too. She likes to hold the little girl, and with the help of her cousin Brookelynn, they came up with the name Fireball.

And this is a perfect picture of Payton: in a princess nightgown, all girly, holding a bearded dragon!



Darron cracks me up. He gets worried about the bearded dragons is takes great care of them. He loves holding them and teaching them to "perch" on his shoulder.



This alone, makes it worthwhile to be a bearded dragon owner. Have you ever seen anything cuter than this little girl and her "beard of dragon"?!!


No comments: