Apr 17, 2009

Easter

We had a great Easter this year! We started by going to Good Friday service at church Friday evening. Payton and I were in a little "drama" together and, although it was past her bedtime, she did great (aka. she let me carry her onto the stage without crying)! Preston and I colored eggs on Saturday morning and then the Easter bunny made his visit while the kids were sleeping that night. We had a wonderful church service Sunday morning and appearantly Preston learned that a tow truck moved to stone so Jesus could get out of the cave! :) Hmmmm....I may have to talk with his teacher! :)
After church, we met the rest of Darron's family at Grandma and Grandpa's for some great lunch, playtime with the cousins, and of course, an Easter Egg Hunt. Thankfully, it was "warm" and most of the snow had melted from the driveway! :)
Here is Preston and Max (his cousin/best friend/stand in brother).
Payton got to hunt her own eggs on the porch. After picking up two of them, she was ready to chase the big kids around!

Maggie sent Payton a purse a few weeks ago so she has been practicing carrying things on her arms. When she saw the Easter baskets, she got really excited! I think they reminded her of her purse! She carried them all over! (That's Darron's mom in the background taking a picture)!

Grandma had these plastic eggs out for decoration. They decorated Payton's mouth and hands great all afternoon! :)


And here is a quick picture of my cheezy little girl and her cheezy little grin. She's just started smiling by wrinkling her nose up and showing her teeth! It's hilarious!


We truly had a great weekend full of time with great friends and sweet family. Throughout the week we tried to teach Preston the true meaning of Easter. That night he prayed, "Dear God, thank you for the bad guys that banged Jesus on the cross for my bad choices. Amen." I've found it's REALLY HARD to teach a 3 year old why someone had to die on a cross to forgive us of our "bad choices." Then again, I've realized it's really hard for even ME to understand that! But I'm so grateful Jesus did!
I hope you had a wonderful Easter also....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got stuck with the "dying" part. (That Jesus died) b/c then they totally FREAKED out that mommy and daddy were going to die. I decided to not focus on THAT part this year. :) I didn't hear anything about a tow-truck...but that an Angel moved the rock. Maybe the angel's name was John (deer?!?) :) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I loved catching up with your life on your blog! I can't believe Payton is already one! Time flies! I love the Alaska carnival and the picture of Preston taking a nap in his safety goggles. Too cute! You have a beautiful family, two precious kiddos, and are very blessed. I am so happy for you! I only wish I could see you more! :) Merry

Amy said...

Charlie: Mommy, did Jesus die?
Me: Yes, he did.
Charlie: Oh man, but I really like Jesus.
Me: But it's ok, because he rose again and he's alive in Heaven with God.
Charlie: Oh good, because I love Jesus.

If we all just realized that it's that simple!

P.S. You know you live in Alaska when you go to hunt Easter eggs in your snow gear!