Feb 6, 2009

My Sweet Boy

So, Preston told me today that I am his "favorite mommy in the whole world!" Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hey Pres, you get a surprise tonight, do you want to know what it is?

Preston: (Deep breath in) REALLY? No, I don't wanna know. (5 sec later) Okay, tell me, I wanna know!

Me: Well, daddy is going to take you to our church tonight. There's a new Veggies Tales movie that you get to watch and you're friends will be there and you'll get to eat hot dogs and chips and popcorn! What do you think?

Preston: (In a VERY excited voice) Yeah, that will be SO fun! (Runs and jumps on me as I'm laying in the floor...bear hugs me and says....) You're my most favorite mommy in the whole world!

Man, I'm so glad my sweet little boy is so easy to please. And I'm glad our church had a free movie and hot dog night so I could be declared Preston's favorite mommy. Oh, the small joys in life! :) Don't you just love being a mom?? What a life changing blessing....

2 comments:

Staci said...

How sweet! I agree...I love being a mom!

Jennifer said...

Send me your email address? jrwheat@yahoo.com