Feb 4, 2009

Trip to Texas

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. I've kind of been in a funk lately. I've wanted to get stuff done, but I've been tired and not motivated to do much. Then of course all of my favorite shows are on during the week and they all have to be two hour episodes. So once the kids are in bed....I've been vegging.

Anyways, if you are on Facebook, you may have already seen some of these. Thought I'd post a few of my favorites from our trip home. We've been home just over a week and Preston and I are already wanting to go back! He talks about Maggie and Peepaw daily and still talks about the "fair" (aka Stock Show) and fishing at Peepaw's. It was a wonderful trip and the end of May won't be here soon enough!

Darron and I woke up early with Preston our last Saturday in town. We decided he was finally old enough and ready for the introduction of Krispy Kream Doughnuts. He was amazed as he watched them make the doughnuts. After 1 1/2, we had to stop him because we knew the tummy ache would soon be following. It was a wonderful morning! :)

We were able to enjoy a nice dinner at a GREAT Mexican Food Restaurant with my long time friend Kelli and her family. It was SOOO good to eat together and get caught up. I miss her so much. Her little girl Maya took great care of Preston. I think he developed a little crush! We ate outside on the patio and dinner would have been perfect if it hadn't been for that cold front that decided to literally blow in during dinner! :) Thanks for making us feel at home guys!

It was in the high 70's one afternoon so Darron and I got Chick-Fil-A and took the kids to the park. We had such a great time together. As you can see, the swings were Payton's favorite. I can't wait until summer time. In Alaska, you can't go to the playground during the winter because of the cold and snow. It Texas, you HAVE to go during the winter, because in the summer it's too hot and you'll burn yourself on the slides and swings! :)


Peepaw, Darron, and Preston fished off the dock everyday. They didn't catch any fish until the last morning when they went to put away the fishing poles. To their surprise, they had a 9 pound catfish waiting for them (thanks to a jug line that had blown under the dock). Preston was so excited about his fish! He thought the funnies part was when the fish started peeing everywhere!



Peepaw and Payton hanging out. See where she gets her looks from?




Preston and Maggie making a cake together. He loves "helping" in the kitchen.





The gang at the Ft. Worth Stock Show. This was at the end of the day when we were ready to leave. We had a great time seeing all of the animals and walking around. Preston and Payton loved it. They both sacked out as soon as we were in the car.







Preston has been wanting Cowboy boots for several months (I think he saw another little boy wearing them at church one day...yes, even in Alaska). When we decided to go the the Stock Show, we knew it was time for Preston's first pair of boots and hat. Maggie and Peepaw bought him his boots and hat and he fell in love with them. The hat hasn't gotten worn much since we've been back in Alaska, but the boots are a favorite! Thanks Maggie and Peepaw!
By the way, I saved these pictures from my Facebook account and then uploaded them on here. Is that why they're so small? Hmmm....guess I won't do that again.






1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Very cute! So nice to see your mom and dad on here!