Aug 15, 2008

And we're off!

So, I've been reading friends blogs and thinking about starting my own for quite some time now. Several things have kept me from starting my own blog:
1. Will I have anything to really blog about?
2. Fear of not being funny like Amy B.'s blog?
3. Do I really have the time to dedicate to blogging?
4. Will anyone want to read my blog?

Well, as you can see, I decided to finally face my fears and just jump in and blog. Here are the answers I came up with to the above questions:
1. My children are the most entertaining and interesting part of my life and most of what I do is because of and for them. So, my of my blogs will probably be about my children and what we are doing.
2. No one can be as funny as Amy B so I won't even try.
3. I guess I'll finally give up watching Days of Our Lives while my kids nap and I'll use that time to blog. It's going to be hard giving it up...seriously....but maybe this will be a good diversion for me as I attempt to let go of the Brady and Horton families....
4. Hopefully some of you will want to read occasionally (come on mom....bookmark this site). But mostly, I'll be blogging as a way to record our day to day happenings. My friend Stacey gave me a great idea....she prints her blogs and makes a journal type scrapbook to pass down to her children. So, that's the main goal of this blog......

With that said....we're off and going! And to all you expert bloggers, I could really use some help on changing my background and font, etc to look "cooler".....

4 comments:

April L. said...

1. You can blog AND watch Days. I'm not sure it's possible to REALLY let go of the Horton and Brady families.
2. My lil' sis can pimp your blog if you'd like. She did mine.
3. Blog name: "Northern Exposure"...only because I loved that show and it was set in Alaska.

Staci said...

YAY!!! Welcome to Blogland! I'm excited to get to keep up with you this way now.

Anonymous said...

It has to be "Northern Lights"-after all I spent a lot of that name at your wedding!
I will bookmark yours, but don't expect me to set one up. I don't even have "My Space" down right-I'd rather just do simple old e-mail message with pictures attached!
Mom

suzspeaks said...

I'm glad you decided to start this up...finally!!! You'll be great! I will come up with something for you tomorrow...just let me know what colors you like!!