Aug 28, 2008

Our New Addition






Nope, it's not a baby this time! But, it does cost a lot of money, it "eats" alot, and needs lots of "hands on" attention. It's our new Tahoe! To give you some background info, I have been driving a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the past 7 years. While I love my Jeep, it has 162K miles and is falling apart...literally. The windows no longer roll down (drive-thru restaurants have been fun), the radio comes and goes, the speedometer only works sometimes, and my power steering tends to quite working when I'm in parking lots (try turning into a parking spot with a 4 wheel drive vehichle and no power steering)!! So, we've been talking about getting me another car for awhile now, but we were hoping to make it another couple of years. However, I guess my husband changed his mind and didn't tell me!


Darron came home last night and told me he had a surprise for me. He told me he already had all of the financing worked out and he had a Yukon and a Tahoe picked out for me....I just needed to go look and see which one I wanted! I guess with the Employee Pricing and rebates, he decided this was the time to buy. And we did get a good deal...we got a brand new, 2008 Z71 Tahoe for about $11,000 LESS than the original price.


I am so excited. THis is my dream car. It has leather interior, bucket seats in the back, a third row seat, sun roof, power everything, 6 disc CD changer, and other stuff I don't even understand yet! Here are a few pictures of my new "baby". I guess Darron can leave for his hunting trip now without me giving him too hard of a time! :)


4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

It's awesome!!! Way to go Darron!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you have a blog! Your family is so cute-and that is an awesome car! What a sweet hubby!

Amy said...

I let out an audible "GAHHH" when I saw this post. What a totally pimped ride! That's exactly what I would want if we were in the market. Let me know when you're done with yours and I'll buy it used. :)

Anonymous said...

I am officially jealous!!! I loved my 2003 Tahoe when it was brand new, and still like it, but I want YOURS!!! I love the bucket seats...we don't have those. I am so happy for you! Enjoy it! Merry